Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Trash Troopers!


My friend Heather emailed me today about becoming a Trash Trooper with her this weekend. Trash Trooper? What the heck did I get myself into this time? ;0)

It's actually a simple plan to pick-up trash at Rum Village (by Ewing). We'll be cleaning up the park for an hour, and with 20 volunteers already on board to help, this should be a cinch (I was going to say a walk in the park, but that would be too cheesy!).

This clean-up adventure also reminds me of the St. Joseph River Clean-Up I did last year, which I thought was fun (and reflective).

So, we're going to get there at 3pm on Sunday - hey, anyone else interested in becoming a Trash Trooper? :0)

1 comment:

Nate said...

I actually did this stuff for NJROTC in high school; although, I'd prefer the city debris rather than country trash. The strip was US 31 the Brick road exit to MI (about 3 miles each way). We found car doors, large and small dead animals (raccoons, deer, and half a cow we think), it was appalling.

In spite of those horrific things, it was actually one of the most rewarding things I've done. Alas, I'm spending my weekend studying for your exam. But if I'm feeling confident about the material (more so) I'm always happy to pick crap up (pun intended).