Monday, March 26, 2007

river cleanup

This saturday from 9-1 p.m. is the annual St. Joseph River Cleanup! There's an article about this event posted here:

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070321/News04/703210303/-1/NEWS/CAT=NEWS04

They recommend you wear some "rubber" boots and bring some gloves. The event is in rain or shine. The above website announces the check in point for at Veterans Memorial Park on Northside Boulevard, just east of the Twyckenham bridge. From there you will be assigned your own personal section of river btw the Logan Street Bridge and Howard Park. The contact phone number is 271-0973.

Our river is described as the biggest resource of our county. It seems like a great way to give back! I hope to see some of my stats pals there. :O)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's probably never cool to hang out with professors, especially on a Saturday, but Melissa, you can count me in to help with the river clean-up!

:0) M

Ariana said...

Hi my name is Ariana, my classmates Michael recommended that I visit your blog and he has been saying you have sent messages full of ideas and advice. It would be great if you could visit my site and give me any helpful ideas you have.

Michelle said...

Hi Ariana,

Thanks for the opportunity to check out your blog. I'll be right over to read your posts and comment on your progress.

What fun! :0)

For those of you who want to jump in on this budding conversation, here's the link to Ariana's blog:

http://ariana-is-cool.blogspot.com/

:0)
M