Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Garbage $$$ & Energy

Since we started this plastic-bag conservation project, I am noticing more and more things that once seemed minor or uninteresting. I was watching CNN news and during the commercial time, I noticed a picture of waste management, but their message was to inform people about the energy produced from the recycled garbage, and that it contributes significantly in power. Approximately 10 million houses can be powered by this energy for a year. To use this kind of energy serves many purposes, such the land that was going to be used as a landfill, the environment from pollution by incinerators, and also in the long-term, money. I think it cannot be any greener than using energy from our garbage. I believe more people are going to involve themselves once they get the insight of these efforts.

No comments: