Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Class Pile-Up: Lessons Learned II

This afternoon's class was another success! I learned three more practical lessons for the bag pile-up activity:

1. We need an egg timer that needs to be set for every 1/2 hour. The egg timer will be located at one of the data-collection stations, and it will be used as a reminder that the Bag Pitcher Team Leader needs to write the current tally of bags on the board. Because the egg timer will be located at the data-collection station, the Data Collector Team Leader (Ashley Schrock) will be responsible for re-setting the egg timer and alerting the Bag Pitcher Team Leader.

2. The Counters should wear an apron (or perhaps a fanny pack) to hold the slips of paper. They also need to have pens on them. Extra writing utensils will be available at the data-collection stations.

3. The Counters also need to wear latex gloves. I have a very tight budget, but I'll see if I can manage with this expense.

Oh, before I forget: My afternoon class generated 455 bags today (N = 6). Amazing! :0) Folks, I think we're on the right track. I appreciate your suggestions--as you know from today's event, we need to work as a team to make this event a success! Thanks for all your hard work!

No comments: