Monday, February 05, 2007

Science Alive Event

I was up at 7:30 a.m. on a Saturday and I was tired. The library parking was closed and I was mad. It was freezing cold outside and all I could find was parking with about a five minute walk. I walked in and was greeted by Amanda. From there on, the rest of my day was awesome and humorous. Kim and I tried to figure out the puzzle without success. Then I got to watch Melissa and her friend try to figure out the puzzle as well without success. Volunteering at the Science Alive Event was a really good experience. I loved watching the kids, and many parents, attempt the puzzle with so much confidence. They, as we all did, would jump through loops, step over each other, climb over and under. Then within five minutes both kids and parents were clueless and looking for clues. Once we explained the puzzle and helped them solve it they all would be in amazement and awe. Sometimes the parents were more impressed than the kids. I found the time went by incredibly fast because I was having a lot of fun. What I started off as being unsure about and kind of doubting toward, ended up being one of the best ways I could have spent my Saturday morning. I look forward to volunteering again to teach a little and learn even more!

No comments: