Monday, September 24, 2007

local cloth bag resource

I went to the farmers market today (here in the bend). They have a sweet little booth devoted to selling wonderful cloth shopping bags. For $2 each!!! Printed on the front-"one bag at a time" yea baby! They had a lot of nice colors to pick from. Each bag holds 5 whopping pounds. They have a little insert for the bottom to make it nice and flat. These suckers will not tip over in the car! They don't scrunch up to fit nicely in your purse or what not, but other than that I am enjoying mine greatly. I haven't tried them on the meijer bag carousel yet however. They also have a website http://www.1bagatatime.com/. What a great idea at the market! I wonder how many people will get one just to have a market purchase container, only to return home thinking about other way in which to use the bag.

Anyways, I thought I'd finally post rather than passively absorbing all the info. I was starting to feel like a cyber stalker!

Thanks, Michelle, for who knows how long it would have taken me to wise up about plastic bags had it not been for you! It feels very good to use my cloth bags!

Melis'

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great post, Melissa! I'm glad to know that there's a booth at the farmers' market promoting those reusable bags. :0)

And I'm just glad to see you back on the blog! It's great knowing that some of the stats gang still checks out the blog from time to time!

:0)
M