Friday, May 18, 2007

Churchill the Polar Bear

While surfing the internet, I found this story about Churchill the Polar Bear, who lived at the St. Louis Zoo. Churchill apparently ingested a plastic bag and a bit of cloth. Sadly, the veterinarians couldn't save him on time; he died on the operating table. Gosh, I feel quite morbid as I blog about this polar bear. It just doesn't seem right for an animal to die because he inadvertently ate a plastic bag.

Quick Update: After conducting an online investigation, fellow blogger Kathy Schrenk discovered the date of Churchill's untimely death; he died on May 26, 2005. To read more about this story (and the death of another polar bear at the St. Louis Zoo), click here.