Sunday, April 15, 2007

What an experience!!!

The day dawned well with promises of success not too cold not too hot. It was such a successful day from the start and organization was great! I learnt a lot by watching and participating on how one person can make a huge difference. Congratulations Michelle for steering the way to a direction of change in Michiana community we share the pride of having you as our professor working together in this project was one more step to better experience and better learning. I worked with Amanda for most of the day and was amazed by how we were turning simple ideas to mathematics with fun by estimating how much carbon is released by trees and how much it takes back. The girls we had did great on working this out. Working with kids has been fun for me and it was still another opportunity of having so much fun. Finally, I can't express this excitement enough! I met Elizabeth Royte! Oh my goodness! I was still speechless that I did see her talk about her book and tell us of all those experiences it was so sweet to see this hero narrating it all out before my eyes. Having her at the same dinner table made me feel even extra special it really made my day. Seeing Michelle overwhelmed by joy at the final note for the success of her project brought the whole experience to a very personal and emotional wind-up for me. Thanks Michelle for letting your students be part of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your post, it was really outstanding. I only wish my posts were as informative.

regards
Piro @ http://www.clickonsend.com

Michelle said...

Piro,

Thanks for your kind words and for reading the blog!

I'm really glad you've had the chance to join me and my students on this plastic-bag journey.

Happy blogging!
:0)
Michelle