Here are some highlights I gathered from reading the manufacturers' letters:
- There is a US $60/ton paper increase on copy paper
- This increase will raise prices to $1,020/ton
- Laser paper printing will increase 5.35%
- Inkjet paper printing will incrase 5.55%
- Printing on 30% recycled paper will increase 7.8%
Why the price increase?
According to Domtar Co., this increase is due to tight markets in the U.S. and to price increases already implemented in Europe.
So, what should we do?
According to Tom Westerhof, Staff Member of Purchasing and Contracts, we should, "please keep this increase in mind when reviewing your paper needs for the near future." In other words, it's time we conserve paper, too.