Saturday, March 10, 2007

RiverBend Math

I worked at the library for Amanda for the third time. I did two homework clinics and the Saturday when the kids worked with statistics. I enjoyed it but it was challenging because some of the math concepts I haven’t used for years. But it did help refresh my memory. Helping people like that also helps build confidence. Amanda was real helpful. I had a chance to sit down and talk to her when all the kids had left. She is an interesting and insightful person. If I had time and if it wasn’t so far away from where I live I would really like to continue helping there. On a side note, I’m glad spring break is finally hear. I was hoping to get caught up on some things but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Lisa,

I'm glad to know that you've enjoyed working with Amanda. I applaud Amanda's efforts to teach math to kids (and adults). And perhaps most surprisingly to folks, what she does is fun!

;0) M