Saturday, January 27, 2007

Websites

I would like to share a couple of websites that I found that some may find interesting.
www.swmd.org (website for St. Joseph County waste management) has a lot of interesting statistics on the percentage of materials recycled and stuff like that. For example, in St. Joseph County, 46.5% of the materials recycled are newspapers.

The other website is for IU Northwest and had some interesting info on landfills. http://www.iun.edu/~environw/landfills.html
I never thought about much about landfills, but I find the paragraph on health effects particularly disturbing.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Kim,

Thanks for posting those websites. I read the article published by IU Northwest. There's apparently a landfill located in Munster, IN, which takes up 144 acres of land. And there are only six employees--that doesn't seem to be a lot of people to me, considering that leachate is a big concern.